It’s possible for you to get those errors while you migrate your instance from one host (hypervisor/compute) to another host (hypervisor/compute). Those errors appears because by default nova service create user nova on system for Daemons only with nologin.
nova migrate command working, source host (hypervisor/compute) will do an ssh onto destination host for some of nova works. To solve this problem, we had to copy ssh-credential across compute host.
- Run setenforce 0 to put SELinux into permissive mode.
- Enable login abilities for the nova user:
# usermod -s /bin/bash nova
- as root, give nova user password, for ssh-copy-id works later
# passwd novathen switch to nova account:
# su nova
- Generate ssh-key for nova user
$ ssh-keygen -t rsa
- Repeat step 1-4 for all nova users in each compute nodes
- As nova user Copy SSH-Key to every compute nodes
$ ssh-copy-id <compute-nodes-destinations>
- Try to ssh, it must be automatically login without password
$ ssh <compute-nodes-destinations>
nova migrate again, and see for any further errors.